Plan a Cost-Effective Show
Prepare your budget with booth space rates, labor and material handling costs, and utilities information. And don’t miss exclusive hotel rates and incentives for exhibitors at The Inspired Home Show 2020 to keep your expenses low.
Outlined below are some of the main costs associated with exhibiting
1. 2019 Booth Space Cost (IHA provides raw booth space only):*
Housewares annual sales under $10 million: $450.
Housewares annual sales over $10 million: $750.
Cost to Exhibit:
Member: $16.50/sq. ft.
Non-Member: $22.00/sq. ft.
Corner fees: $350 per corner
* Standard booth sizes are in increments of 10’w x 10’d or 10’w x 15’d.
Cost examples for a 10’ x 10’ booth (100 sq.ft.) / 3m x 3m (9 sq. m) booth:
Member rate under $10 million housewares sales: $1,650. + $450. = $2,100.
Member rate over $10 million housewares sales: $1,650. + $750. = $2,400.
Non-Member rate: $2,200.
2. Booth Structure:
Exhibitors must make their own booth arrangements, including back wall, carpet and
furnishings. The use of pipe & drape is prohibited and is not provided. Companies have three options:
- Work with IHA’s official service contractor, Freeman. Visit exhibitor services manual under
Official Service Contractor to review the booth packages and other materials from
recommended EACs is available upon request.
- Ship your own booth to the Show and do your own set up. Please note you will still need to pay shipping and material handling costs. However, you can save by setting up your own booth or using the Automobiles and Small Utility Vehicle (ASUV) program. More information on exhibitor work rules can be found at exhibitor services manual under General Info/Show Guidelines. Note: 2019 shipping information will be available in
3. Labor & Material Handling / Drayage:
If you are working with Freeman or hiring an EAC to build your booth, you will need to hire labor.
2019 labor rates will be available in November. For a rate estimate, increase the 2018 rates
(below) by 3-5%.
Straight time: $104.50/hr
Double Time: $209.00/hr
All shipments to the convention center will be received and handled by Freeman. View the 2018 material
handling rates at exhibitor services manual under Shipping Information. Note: 2019 material
handling rates will be available in November. For a rate estimate, increase the 2018 rates by 3-5%.
You will need to order your utilities (electrical, plumbing and gas) through Freeman and
telecommunications (phone and internet) through McCormick Place. 2018 rates are available at
exhibitor services manual under Official Service Contractor and Convention Center
Services respectively. Note: 2019 rates will be available in November. For a rate estimate, increase
the 2018 rates by 3-5%.
IHA has negotiated low hotel rates and housewares-only incentives to help keep your Show-related expenses down. Visit Hotels & Travel to view our special rates and offers, or to reserve your rooms.