Freight Target Floorplans
Below are color-coded floor plans for each building. Use these floor plans in conjunction with your booth number to identify the assigned date and time your freight must arrive at McCormick Place’s Marshalling Yard.
- Clean + Contain Expo, Discover Design Expo – North Building, Level 3, Hall B
- International Sourcing Expo – North Building, Level 1, Hall C
- Dine + Decor Expo – South Building, Level 3
- Wired + Well Expo – Lakeside Building, Level 3
Please review the following information to better understand the move-in and move-out process, including details on the Freight Target Program.
FOR THE MOVE-IN:
Your assigned target is the date and time that your truck must check into the marshalling yard. This is for the move-in of your exhibit only. This is not your unloading time. Your product can arrive at a later date. Exhibitors do not have to start setting their display at this time.
The address for the marshalling yard:
McCormick Place Marshalling Yard
3050 Moe Drive
Chicago, IL 60613
Once the marshalling yard sends your truck to the building to start unloading your company’s truck, your exhibit/samples are taken directly to your booth space. As long as your truck arrives on or before your target time on your targeted date, there is no additional off-target charge. Just make sure your driver signs in when he arrives. Your driver can check in early, but they will have to wait until your company’s designated time to start the unloading. The only time an additional off-target charge would apply is if you miss your targeted date and time.
FOR THE MOVE-OUT
Exhibitors in the South and North Buildings have until 12:00 Noon on Friday, March 11, 2022, to have all their materials removed from the building. Lakeside Center exhibitors must be cleared by 12:00 Noon on Saturday, March 12, 2022.
That means that when your company has a better understanding of when you will be done packing your exhibit, and turned in your MHA to the Freeman Service Desk you can then call your driver to check into the Marshalling Yard. For the move-out, there is not a scheduled time for your booth as long as you complete the process by your building’s final move-out date and time as listed above.
Prior to your driver arriving, a representative from your company should go to the Exhibitor Services Center and submit payment for any balances you may have with the General Contractor, Freeman, for material handling or any orders you may have placed with them. That way, once your driver checks into the marshalling yard, Freeman matches your paperwork with your driver to approve that your booth is ready to be loaded out onto your truck.
- If your booth is not shown on the floor plan, but you know where it is located, simply use the color code of adjacent booths to determine your assigned target date.
- Each booth is assigned a target time. This is the assigned time of the day that your vehicle must check into the Marshalling Yard (31st Street and Lake Shore Drive).
- The target schedule is for the move-in of your exhibit only. You are not required to start setting your display at the targeted time. Also, the target schedule does not apply to your product.
- Advance shipments to Freeman will be delivered to your booth on or before your assigned target date provided shipping deadlines are met.
- Adhering to your assigned target date will save time and money.
- If you miss your target date, your vehicle will not be unloaded until after all on-target vehicles have been unloaded regardless of when your vehicle checked in at the marshalling yard. Off-target charges are an additional $4.65 per CWT if unloaded prior to or after your assigned target date.
- If you cannot adhere to your assigned target date and wish to change it for any reason, you must make the proper arrangements with Freeman. Target dates will not be changed without approval from Freeman. To change your target date, please email Lisa.McGuinness@Freemanco.com.
- Please see our Installation and Dismantle webpage for related Show information.
- Special Handling: If trailers are loaded to full visible capacity, or packed in such a manner as to require additional handling, a special handling charge will be added to your drayage invoice. In mid-November, please see the Material Handling form in your Exhibitor Service Manual for special handling rate information.
- Service Corridor: Service of utilities will be supplied at the rear of booths whenever possible, but all exhibitors should allow a 1’ unobstructed corridor in the rear and 6” on one side of their space to allow passage for the necessary cable and maintenance personnel. If a utility corridor is not provided, the exhibitor may have to reposition their booth structure to allow passage for maintenance personnel. Any charges or costs incurred due to the lack of a corridor will be the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- Booth Access: To ensure maximum traffic flow on the exhibit floor, exhibitors building contiguous solid displays along main numbered aisles must have a 10’ opening/entrance for every 30’ of contiguous display.
- Electrical, Plumbing and Bottled Gas Service: Freeman has been chosen to provide electrical, plumbing and bottled gas service for the Show. McCormick Place will still be responsible for internet, cable TV access and telecommunications.