EXHIBITOR SELF-UNLOADING AUTOMOBILES AND SMALL UTILITY VEHICLES (ASUV) INBOUND / OUTBOUND PROCEDURES
McCormick Place / ASM allows exhibitors to unload and load small privately-owned vehicles without hiring labor at designated areas within each building.
ASUV PROGRAM RULES:
There is no fee to participate in this program. However, there is a fee associated if you park your vehicle after you unload/load. The parking fee in Lot A is $25 for the first 16 hours and $38 between 16 and 24 hours. Lot C is $25 per day. To save money, park in Lot B which is adjacent to the ASUV Check-in and is only $17 per day. Note: Exhibitors may secure Exhibitor Guaranteed Parking spaces at www.mccormickplace.clickandpark.com.
Parking Lots 2022 Rate
Lot A and C up to 16 hours $25
Lot A and B 16-24 hours $38
Lot B up to 16 hours $17
- There are no weight restrictions. However, each exhibitor is only allowed one vehicle per booth.
- Exhibitors will have a maximum of 20 minutes to load/unload, deliver materials and return to vehicle.
- Exhibitors can use manual carts and dollies to transport their materials, but they will not be available for rental/use on-site. Be sure to bring your own equipment.
- Due to safety concerns and to maintain order during load-in and load-out periods, exhibitors and their employees are not allowed to use forklifts, pallet jacks, motorized dollies, or similar motorized or hydraulic equipment to load, unload, or transport materials on McCormick Place property.
- Approved vehicles are described as a typical vehicle that a family or small business may operate for transportation or light hauling. This would include: automobiles, pick-up trucks, mini-vans, full-size vans, and sport utility vehicles. This would NOT include multiple axle vehicles, flatbed trucks, box vans or trailers.
- Items approved to be unloaded or loaded from these vehicles include equipment, displays or other event related materials that can fit into the vehicles.
- Items must be either transported to the booth space by hand or with the use of a fully manual cart or dolly.
- Only an exhibitor or a full-time employee of the exhibiting company may unload/load the vehicle. General Service Contractors, Represented Labor and Exhibitor Appointed Contractors are not allowed to use any of the ASUV program areas. These areas will remain available to exhibitors only.
- Eligible exhibitors and exhibitors’ employees must work in a team of at least two people. There must be a driver who stays with the vehicle at all times and is immediately available to move the vehicle. The second person is required to transport the materials to and from the exhibit. This will help speed up access for others who wish to use this program and prevent vehicles from being boxed in. The person entering the building must be masked.
- IHA, McCormick Place / ASM and Show security will not be held responsible for the loss, damage or theft of any product/ASUV or personal injury to drivers or occupants.
- Drive to the ASUV program’s check-in location at Standard Parking’s Office located at 3050 S. Moe Drive. Note: Do not attempt to go directly to the building’s staging location.
- You will be required to complete a registration form with your personal information, including vehicle information and license plate number. Only confirmed exhibitors are qualified to participate in the ASUV Program.
- Once approved, you will be given a dock pass and dock time to deliver your exhibit materials. Dock access will be granted in the same order as check-in arrival. Note: Approval will only be given if the vehicle driven is deemed acceptable, two people are in the car and the exhibitor has Show badges for floor access.
- When it is your vehicle’s turn to unload, 20 minutes will be allotted for the unloading of the exhibit materials.
Thursday, March 3, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday, March 4, 2022 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Additional inquires can be directed to the Standard Parking Lot B office via email at email@example.com or by phone at 312-808-3125.
- Prior to the close of the Show, the exhibitor will need to go to the Exhibitor Service Center in the building they are exhibiting to clear their invoice with the Show’s General Contractor, Freeman.
- Once the invoice is cleared, the exhibitor should go to the “ASUV Counter” within the same Exhibitor Service Center to receive a merchandise removal pass, self-loading instructions and directions to the ASUV Check-in Location.
- ASUVs will not be allowed to unload until after the Show closes at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 8th.
- After 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, March 8th, the exhibitor should drive to the ASUV program’s check-in location at Standard Parking’s Office located at 3050 S. Moe Drive. Note: Do not attempt to go directly to your building’s staging location.
- Check-in with the attendant and present the merchandise removal pass recently obtained in the Exhibitor Services Center.
- Once approved, you will be given a dock pass and dock time to load your exhibit materials. Dock access will be granted in the same order as check-in arrival. It is highly suggested to have all booth materials and products at the loading location prior to the vehicle arriving. The 1st party should remain with the materials while the 2nd party brings the vehicle to the loading location. Note: Exhibitor badges are required to access the exhibit floor after Show close. Should you need to return to the Show floor, be sure to have your exhibitor badge.
Tuesday, March 8, 2022 3:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
STAGING LOCATIONS AND MAP:
Please see “Automobile + Small Utility Vehicle (ASUV) Staging Locations and Map” under the “Shipping Information” section of the online Exhibitor Services Kit. Should you have any questions on the ASUV procedures (inbound or outbound), please contact: Sharon Bellock at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-692-0134.