Excellence in Retailing
IHA Global Innovation Awards (gia)
Watch the 2020 gia Awards!
The Global Innovation Awards (gia) Global Honorees and Award Winners were announced on Thursday, April 23, 2020, during a livestreamed broadcast. Congratulations to:
- Ukraine – PROMENU by MIRS Corporation
- Thailand – Central Department Store
- Australia – Few and Far
- United Arab Emirates – Tavola
- Japan – ISETAN SHINJUKU
- Argentina – Reina Batata Bazar Boutique
- Switzerland – Sibler AG
- Portugal – In&Out Cooking
2020 gia National Winners
The 2019 — 2020 gia National Winners for Excellence in Retail have been chosen!
gia Retail — 20 Years of Excellence
How it Works
The competition is structured on a two-tier level, national and global. Co-sponsoring the country-specific gia awards programs with IHA are over 30 housewares trade publications worldwide, which sponsor national gia programs in their respective countries.
Juries appointed by in-country publications select national winners who then participate in the global competition at The Inspired Home Show® each year. In 2020, the awards ceremony has been brought online for ease of access.
Up to five retailers are further honored as gia Global Honorees based on the determination of a distinguished panel of international retail experts.
- gia Global Honorees: Five retailers chosen by our distinguishes panel of retail experts
- Martin M. Pegler Award: One national winner chosen for excellence in visual merchandising
- gia Digital Commerce Award: One national winner chosen for excellence in online retailing